European Opensource & free Software Law Event (EOLE)
EOLE is an event that aims to promote the sharing and dissemination of legal knowledge related to free software as well as the development and promotion of good practices.
It is an initiative born from the needs of practitioners in the field, with the objective of developing a legal doctrine dedicated to open source. Finally, its scientific orientation leads to bring a particular attention to the delivery of neutral and quality information.
This year, the event will be divided into 4 webinars and will take place from May 2023 to November 2023. The event will end with an in person event the 8th of December in Paris, France.
2023 Main theme will be «Open Source Compliance through open & shared approaches ».
Consult the archives of the previous editions:
- EOLE 2020 – 2021 : Legal aspects on free software in public administrations: hands on
- EOLE 2019: Legal Aspects of Digital Commons
- EOLE 2018 : Compliance & conformance processes in the time of mainstream Open Source
- EOLE 2017: Best practices and tools for managing free software: a new emerging common
- EOLE 2016: The Legal Side of Open Innovation
- EOLE 2015 : FOSS & Competition
- EOLE 2014 : Open Source Legal & software supply chain
- EOLE 2013: Considering Free & Open Source in Cloud Strategies
- EOLE 2012: FOSS: Standing on the shoulders of law
- EOLE 2011: FLOSS in Business and Academia
- EOLE 2010: Freeing Public Sector Software
- EOLE 2009: FOSS Terminology & Mutual Software Development and Other Experiences
- EOLE 2008: GPLv3 and European Law
The materials and recordings are available on the Talks section of the dedicated website.