Free and open source software in European public services: policies, strategies and security
The event comes back for its 4th edition, the 5 & 6 December at the Docks de Paris, and will bring together more than 5000 visitors for more than 200 conferences. Build around the thematic "Opening the Digital Revolution", this edition has for purpose to demonstrate the importabce of the Open Source inside the digital ecosystem and its impact in the transformation of many jobs and sectors. This year, Inno³ has coordinated the thematic Ecosystem of the program, build for those who make the choice of openness and collaboration in order to innovate.
Among the proposed conferences, the session "Free and open source software in European public services: policies, strategies and security" will be the opportunity to talk about the renewal of the Commission Open Source Strategy, of its ambitions, and of the place of the Open source inside the European Union.
Free and open source software in European public services: policies, strategies and security, le 5/12 à 14h
The EC representatives will speak about the EU-FOSSA initiative aiming to improve the security of open source software in use at the EU institutions and present the future renewed Commission Open Source Strategy. Experts from several Member States will look at the successes and shortcomings of their national open source policies from the different sectors perspective. This will be followed by a discussion facilitated by the Open Source Observatory (OSOR) aiming to bring out the essential elements of these policies and strategies, and agree on a common approach to increase their potential.
- Breaking down barriers for greater use of open source within European public administrations : Opening by Emanuele Baldacci, European Commission
- EU-FOSSA 2: EU institutions' pilot approach to tackling security of open source software: Saranjit Arora, European Commission
- Addressing open source software security in public sector - panel discussion :
- Open source software use within the EU institutions - A look into OSS use and strategy at the European Commission : Marek Przybyszewski (European Commission)
- Free and open source software policies across Europe - panel discussion :
When ? Wednesday, 5th of December, 2 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Room Studio Photo
Docks de Paris, 87 Avenue des Magasins Généraux, 93300 Aubervilliers
>>> Discover the full program of the 3 thematics (Ecosystem, Tech and Solutions) here